The wire harness is used to monitor water flow. Follow our guide below to replace this part.
Disconnect Wire Harness
1. Remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (see photo). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the system at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
2. The Wire Harness has three connections. Looking that the top of the softener valve, locate the green and orange wires that feed into the Switch. Remove the white connector from the switch (pictured below).
3. On the back left-hand side of the softener, locate the red, white, and black wires that feed into a saddle clip. Remove the Wire Harness clip from the outlet port by unclipping both sides.
4. On the underside of the top cover, remove the red plastic connector from the control board. If your control board is hidden by a cover, squeeze both sides of the cover to release it.
Install New Wire Harness
1. Attach the new green and orange wires to the switch. The orange wire should be on the outside left side of the black switch box. The front-right metal prong on the switchbox will stay exposed.
2. Clip the Wire Harness onto the outlet pipe. The clip will only snap on in one direction – if you are having trouble, try to turn the clip around.
3. Attach the new red connector to the control board. Make sure the wires are running away from the control board. The red connector should sit flush with the white plastic piece on the board.
4. If you had a cover on your control board, reattach that now. Place the top cover on your unit and reconnect the power cord to the outlet.