Follow the instructions below to install new c-clips on your water softener.
Depressurize the Unit
1. Bypass water flow to your softener by pushing the handle IN on the back of the unit.
2. Depressurize the unit by running a Recharge cycle. Hold the Recharge button until the motor starts to spin, and then release. You will see ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ flashing on the screen.
3. To speed up the cycles, press the Recharge button once each time the motor stops spinning. Repeat this until the ‘Recharge Now’ or ‘Recharging’ disappears from the screen.
4. Unplug the power cord from the outlet and set to the side.
Swap the C-clips
1. On the Inlet/Outlet pipes, remove the black C-clips. Gently pull one side of the black c-clip away from the softener, and slowly roll it towards the other side of the c-clip to remove.
*If the clips are still not easy to remove, they may be bound because the system isn’t completely level. Slowly and gently rock the softener back and forth slightly while applying pressure to the c-clip as described above to free them.
2. Locate the new black clips. Place one side of the clip on the bypass pipe and roll the rest of the clip over to secure. Confirm all three teeth on both clips are engaged.
Testing for Leaks
1. Slowly take the softener off of bypass, allowing water into the system.
2. Check the softener for any leaks at the plumbing connections. If there are any signs of leaking, depressurize the unit (steps 1-3 at the top of this page) before removing any clips.
3. Plug the power cord back into the outlet.