You may need to know how to remove and replace the salt lid, top cover and faceplate of your water softener if one of them is damaged or if you need to get access to the electronics or other parts under the cover. Let’s walk through this together.
Locate Your Serial Number
Find the Serial Number printed on the inside rim of the tank, under the salt lid hinges.
Click on your Model:
First seven digits of your serial number.
Manufactured: After 03/2023
1. You’ll want to start out by removing the top cover. Be careful of the wiring when you’re taking it off. Feel free to flip it over and rest it along the front opening area. If you already know how to remove the cover, great! If you need detailed instructions, please check out our article Removing the Top Cover.
2. By removing the top cover, you’re also removing the salt lid because they are both built into the piece together.
If you need to remove the faceplate (screen) as well continue to step 3.
3. The faceplate is going to be under the top cover. You’ll want to look inside the top cover you just removed and notice the control board. It’s the green piece with wires connected to it. It'll have a plastic cover over it. Taking the faceplate fully off can be difficult, so to make this easier, you’ll want to remove the control board from the faceplate. Take that plastic cover off and then take the control board off. Above the control board area you should be able to see the clips you’ll need to undo to take the faceplate off.
4. Next, you’ll go ahead and unclip the faceplate to remove it. This is going to be too hard to do with your fingers, so you’ll need a tool similar to the one pictured below. Wedge the tool underneath the plastic piece to unclip each side. You’ll need a good amount of leverage to get it unclipped and you need to make sure the tool is all the way under that clip to get it off.
5. Once it's off, perform your needed task.
6. Now that you’ve completed your task, you’ll want to put everything back together. You can easily do this by just reversing the instructions! First, you’ll need to put the faceplate back on. Then the control board and it’s cover back on. Lastly, put your top cover back on. You did it! Nice job!
Manufactured: Prior to 03/2023
1. You'll want to start out by removing the top cover. Be careful of the wiring when you're taking it off. If you already know how, great! If you need detailed instructions, please check out our article Removing the Top Cover.
2. By removing the top cover, you're also removing the salt lid and the faceplate of the unit because they are all built into the piece together.
3. Once it's off, perform your needed task.
4. Now that you've completed your task, you'll want to put everything back together. You can easily do this by just reversing the instructions! All you need to do here is just put the top cover back on. Make sure to be careful of the wiring. You did it! Nice job!