Is your screen blank or won’t turn on? Follow the steps below.
On the outside of the unit:
- Check the power supply cord. Make sure it is plugged into the outlet.
- Check the wiring. Make sure it is not damaged.
- Test the outlet by plugging a lamp or fan into it to make sure it is working. Also make sure the outlet is not connected to a light switch.
On the inside of the unit:
Before moving forward, Remove the Top Cover of the unit. Click the link for directions if needed.
- Check the wiring under the cover. Make sure it is not damaged.
- Check for leaks under the covering, including moisture on the control board that may have damaged the screen. If a leak or moisture is found, check out our External Leak article to help identify where it may be coming from.
- Remove the control board to make sure nothing has gotten into it. The control board is on the underside of the display screen. It is green with wires connected to it. It may have a cover over it like the one pictured below. Pick one side and you can remove the control board by prying back the grey tabs on each corner and it will pivot out. Verify nothing is in there and put the control board back on.
Is your screen working now?