Replacing the power supply requires no tools, and should only take a few minutes to swap out. Take a look at our instructions below on how to remove the top cover and locate the plug.
Remove the Top Cover
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (see photo). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the system at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
Locate the Power Supply Plug
1. The power supply plugs into the back left side of your control board, on the underside of your top cover. If the control board is hidden, remove the small cover by squeezing on both sides and pulling out.
2. Once visible, you'll see two red adaptors connected to the board - unplug those adaptors and set the power cord aside.
3. Plug the adaptors from the new cord into the same connection on the control board. It does not matter which red adaptor connects to which metal prong.
4. Plug the opposite end of the cord in to the outlet and watch the screen light up.
5. If you had a cover over the board, reconnect that. Place the top cover back on the softener. Depending on how long you were unplugged for, you may need to reset the current time on the screen with the Up/Down arrows.