The J## code will display when your softener regains power. If the code does not change after a few seconds, follow the steps below to clear it.
1. Do the Select and Up/Down arrows respond, and change the display?
NO; Continue to Step 2 below.
YES; If prompted, choose the correct model code for your unit and continue through the Programming Menu. Your instructions end here.
2. Unplug your power supply from the outlet.
3. Remove the top cover:
a. On the back of the unit, unhook the two clips that hold the cover onto the tank below (see photo). Flex/pull the cover out and away from the system at these clips.
b. There are two similar clips holding the front of the cover on as well. Slide the cover towards you to release these clips, being careful not to disconnect any wires. It is normal for the plastic cover to produce some noise as it shifts and bends.
4. Locate the Control Panel on the underside of the cover. There are multiple wires connected to the board. You'll want to disconnect the following wires from the board:
Wire Harness - Red plastic connector with five colored wires.
Motor - Red and black wires. Follow these wires and disconnect at the clear plastic clip.
5. With those wires still disconnected, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
6. Look at the display - are you are able to use the Select or Up/Down buttons now to change the data on the screen?
YES; continue to step 7.
7. Plug the Wire Harness back into the board. Did the J## code return?
NO; Continue to step 8.
8. Reconnect the Motor wires. Did the J## code return?
NO; continue to Program the Softener as normal.